I remember when I was shopping for that care package, I saw the pudding and thought, "Pudding in a tube...hmmm...I think Ian might like that." Who knew it would arrive cold and be such a hit? After that, I've tried to get a little creative with the packages...once I sent him decorations from a birthday party of a friend's daughter. Ian hung the decorations (pink streamers and all) on his tent and took a picture. I'm pretty sure that he took them down right away, but he got to be there for the party! Now with the Daddy Doll, he won't miss a single second!
Need ideas for a care package?
- Beef Jerky (or Turkey Jerky...any flavor is fine)
- Peanuts/Mixed Nuts
- Trail Mix
- Chips in a tall can (like Pringles)
- Other snack food that can tolerate a bit of heat in shipping
- Paper back books (sci-fi, military, Tom Clancy type (he's read all of Tom's books), Terry Brooks)...Note: these don't need to be new, old ones lying around the house are fine
- Puzzle books with crosswords, Sudoku, etc.
- Any other goodies that you think are fun!
Sometimes I'll send small toys or games, silly stuff! Something that can entertain him for a bit! Don't worry about sending too much or too little. The guys share their care packages, especially with guys who don't get many. If you send it, it will be used...or eaten!