Thursday, July 13, 2006

Being an Advocate

Last year when I decided that I need to do more as a Cancer Survivor, I had no idea what God had in store for me. Within a few months of that decision I was selected to go to DC with the American Cancer Society for Celebration on the Hill. Then a short time later I was selected as an advocate for LIVESTRONG Day with the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Opportunities keep popping up and I am loving it!

A month ago I applied for the LIVESTRONG Summit, another opportunity for Cancer Advocacy. Thursday morning I found out that I was selected! I'll be going to Austin with 1,000 other Delegates to discuss the practical needs of people living with cancer. Check out the Summit website for more info.

North Carolina's Senators and Congresspeople better watch out, Cynthia is coming and won't take no for an answer!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Awesome! There's nothing quite like the charge you get from political activism. Good for you for putting yourself out there!