Sunday, September 03, 2006

It was a dark and stormy night....

Tropical Storm Ernesto came through last Thursday night. Jack and I were up for about 2 hours during the night because the wind and rain woke up both up. After I had been awake for about 20 minutes I went to check on Jack, he was trying to hide his head under his stuffed animals. So we watched the Weather Channel for a while and he cuddled on my lap, perfect for a stormy night.

The next day we had lots of clean up to do. It was still windy on Friday, but we got most of the way picked up. Lots of branches, sticks, pinecones, and pine needles everywhere. A few sections of our trellis got damaged (you can see it in the first picture), and I started repairing that on Saturday. Sandie had a great time running all around in the wind and fetching sticks. Jack was helping by picking up single pine needles; I was glad he was occupied so I could get the big stuff.

We had 2 pretty good sized piles of branches and such (second picture is of the larger pile). Our neighbors pile of sticks was about a third the size of ours, but we do have more trees than our neighbors though. Hopefully the city will do pickup early this week so I don't have to look at the piles much longer.

Now you are probably thinking, where is Ian during all this? The last picture says it all.

Okay, well maybe he's still in Afghanistan.

4 comments:

ian said...

Great post sweety, I like the new look. A beer would be great. I love you and miss you guys!!!!

Mo said...

I'm glad that the storm was not worse and that you weathered it fine. Hope all is still well.

carla said...

Wow, you're so resourceful, cleaning and patching. I'd probably still be in bed with the covers up over my head! But I suppose Jack wouldn't allow that . . .

Al said...

Wonderful to hear how well you and Jack are doing! Keep up the great posting! And Pictures!!!