Friday, September 08, 2006

Where are you?

St. Therese's Prayer:

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.



As my 10 year high school reunion approaches, I have been looking through our reunion site and reading about what my classmates have been up to for the last 10 years. Some of them are doing exactly what they planned, and others are far from what any of us expected. Did I ever think I'd be married to a Marine or myself be a Cancer Survivor? I had no idea 10 years ago that Ian was going to be my husband, but he's more perfect than I ever could have imagined! There have been many times in the last 10 years when I wondered if I was where I was supposed to be.

Now I can see that I am, and I was where I needed to be. Exactly where I needed to be. I just couldn't see that at the time. I hope I can remember that I'll be placed where I am supposed to be as the military moves us and life happens. "May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be." You are where you need to be, it may not be your plan, but it is some one's plan.

2 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

A great Testimony! 10 years ago we did not know you by name, but we were praying for you, Ian's future wife, as we have for the spouse for each of our children. How wonderfully God has answered!

And now a wonderful grandson. I wish I could come to care for him, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found you from a comment you added to a post on my blog awhile back. Apologies for the delayed thank you - can't keep up with life, LOL.

My son sent me this prayer, it's beautiful. I sometimes have a hard time recognizing how God would want me in the exact place I am right now, but all I can do is trust and keep trying to figure it out.

I noticed that, you, too, have adopted from Korea. I look forward to reading more here. I hope your husband is home safe very soon. And I hope you are completely healed from the cancer you are fighting, too.

Best to you and your family.