Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Watch out, here she comes

Last Friday night I was thrilled to learn that I would be traveling to DC again in May with the Lance Armstrong Foundation for LIVESTRONG Day 2007! I am so excited about this opportunity to meet with my Federal elected officials to tell them once again that what they are doing to cancer is not acceptable. If you recall, this will be my 3rd visit in the last year: LIVESTRONG Day 2006, Celebration on the Hill, and now LIVESTRONG Day 2007.

Last year, LAF selected 2 delegates from each state for LIVESTRONG Day. For 2007, there are going to be 200 delegates, and I think next year they hope to have even more. If you'd like to become involved in LIVESTRONG Day, you can hold your own event in your town. To learn more visit this link.

This visit I really hope to drill it in the importance of making cancer a national priority and get positive answers for support right there. As I told Senator Burr last fall, "My family is fighting 2 wars. I know more people who have been affected by a cancer-related death than this war." So watch out Liz, Rich, and Walt...I'm coming and won't take no for an answer.

2 comments:

genderist said...

My application wasn't accepted, so you'll have to be even extra bossy for the both of us! Represent!

Hunca Munca said...

You go girl!!!