Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Signing on for Another 4

Yesterday Ian re-enlisted in the Marine Corps. He signed on for another 4 years plus the remainder of his current contract (which would have ended in April). So even though he'll deploy, he has a job for at leat 4 more years! There is nothing like job security, right?


Now that Ian has moved over to his squadron (VMFA 323), he had his ceremony in the hangar. It was pretty neat, I've neve been to a re-enlistment before and Jack LOVED seeing the jets up close.

It wasn't a long ceremony, mabye 10 mintues. There was a stack of paperwork for Ian to sign (I supposed enough to sign your life away) and even I was presented with a Certificate of Appreciation. It was the first time I was recognized by the Marine Corps. I felt pretty special too.

2 comments:

Dad & Mom said...

We are very pround of you both, your commitment to God, your country each other and to Jack!
We look forward to seeing y'all in a few weeks.

genderist said...

That's a great picture!

I'm glad you were appreciated, too. Signing on the line is a family commitmant.