Monday, January 28, 2008

Random thoughts

Some random thoughts for this rainy weekend we had:
  • Vacuuming is waaaay fun to a 3 year old. Jack thought it was hysterical when I vacuumed his pants today, "More, Mommy, more!"
  • Planting flower bulbs is much more fun (and a little difficult) with a 3 year old boy! We planted Gladiolus, Calla Lilies, and Freesia along the sunny side of our house and in a large pot. Jack thought it was great to dig and bury the bulbs. Hopefully he won't dig them up now!
  • Who ever designed our housing is an idiot. Laundry room of Unit B next to only wall a bed can go on in master bedroom of Unit A (ours) = BAD IDEA.
  • Skype should be available to all deployed service members and their families. Jack has loved listening and seeing Ian read books to him every evening.
  • There are few things better than your son crawling on your lap, wrapping his arms around your neck, and whispering into your ear, "I love you, Mommy. Very much."

2 comments:

genderist said...

Awwwhhh....

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the news of your next family addition. As a mom of my first child in the Nicu, I understand the concept of waiting to bring home your son. I too will hopefully have mine in late May. I have found some peace in reading random passages in Psalms. Also in telling anyone and everyone about your situation...even with the oven repair man :) Yes, I did. Many blessing to you, Ian, Jack and Sam.