Sunday, June 01, 2008

HERE WE COME, SAM!!!

Instead of my usual alarm clock (Jack), it was the phone that woke me at 6:20 am on May 29th. And what a wake-up it was! Nothing like starting my day finding out Sam is ready to come home!! Even better than hearing that was Jack's reaction. I went in to get him up, knowing full well I woke him with my excited shouts!

I whispered in his ear, "Jack, guess who's paperwork is done?"

He popped right up in bed, "My baby brother?! He's ready to come home! (starts to climb out of bed) Let's go get him!"

It was so sweet and he is so excited to go to Korea to meet him! Then Friday as we drove to Wal-mart he says:

Mommy, we are going to be Sam's forever family.

Ahhhh, sweet boy! He is really starting to understand adoption and even more important his own adoption process.

We are flying out on June 10th and will returned on June 18th. I cannot wait to walk through my front door as a family of FOUR!!

Hold tight, Sam! We're on our way!!

5 comments:

genderist said...

Still uber pumped for all of you!

Our Family said...

Yea!!!! We are so excited to meet baby Sam in August!

Jessica said...

Oh Cynthia, I am crying as I read your newest two posts! I can't wait to hear all about Sam! And Happy Gotcha Day Jack!

I know as much as I am so ready to go to Korea myself, I also know how bittersweet it will be!

Enjoy your trip! (who know's maybe we'll overlap!)

Vickie Graham said...

I am soooooooo happy for you all!! (You shouldn't make me cry at work!)

Love,

Aunt Vickie

Janice said...

I just read your 2 latest blogs. I am so excited for you! Jack will be a great big brother! I can't wait to hear that Sam is safely in your arms. May God bless you as you travel to meet him and bring him home. The pics of Jack just really warmed ny heart!
Fondly, Janice