Monday, September 17, 2012

10 {Running} Questions

Dimity of Another Mother Runner tagged me to answer these fun 10 questions. I'd love to read yours too! If you choose to post it on your blog, please link it back to me so I can see it and also link up to Dimity's here.

1. Best run ever: It's a toss up between the two 13.1 races I did this year. I PR'ed at the Historic Half by over 10 minutes and had a fantastic running partner along the way. But in Annapolis I proved to myself that even with cancer I can make my body do some pretty amazing things. And I got to run with Dimity, and that. was. freaking. awesome.

2. Three words that describe my running: Adjust as needed!

3. My go-to running outfit is: Hmmm, that's tricky. I love my Sole Sister tank for steamy days...so soft and a nice wick to it...but my Nike shirt I got from a rep is great for warm days. That one has a flat neck seam which is perfect for my neck issues. I have to say my Saucony Ignite shorts are my fav. They are very comfy and make me feel fast. And there are no weird seams to get in the way of my water belt, which I always have. And even though I have several running hats and visors my Sweaty Bands Badass Mother Runner visor is my favorite.

4. Quirky habit while running: If the plan says 8 miles, I do 8 miles. Not 8.01 not 7.99. The Garmin has to be stopped on the exact distance. I have been known to run circles around my car to get it right.

5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning for sure. If I could get up early everyday to run that would make my day. But that would mean getting up early, like 4 am, which isn't happening unless the house is on fire. I settle for after the big kids are off to school and it's me and the littlest monkey.

6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Very hot and humid. I love running, but not enough to have a heat stroke! And I don't think there's enough water in the world to keep my mouth moist in that weather.

7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Current injury, which I'm not over yet. It might be a stress fracture, still don't know. And I also have some plantar faciitis. Since being issued my DNR (do not run), I have been adjusting my goals and workouts as news comes in from MRIs and my ortho. I've been doing lots of swimming, non-impact cross training, stretching, and biking...and rest. Which is the hardest. But recovery is a process that you can't rush. Or something like that...I'll feel better about it once this is over.

8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: See the answer to #1. Or when I run hills with the stroller. Or when I run hills. Or when I run without the stroller. Heck, if I'm running I feel badass because that means I was able to carve out some time for me!

9. Next race is: Nike Women's Half-Marathon on October 14th! I planned to completely rock the hills but now I will be very happy to walk the whole thing without pain.

10. Potential running goal for 2013: I'd really like to be injury free so I can PR the Historic Half again. There are a handful of other 13.1s I'd like to do but I think I'll take next year a little slower. Maybe I'll do a triathlon instead.

2 comments:

genderist said...

I hope I'll be able to run again when Runt starts school. Don't see it happening before that - because I'm not interested in getting up in the wee small hours of the morning to do my run.

Anonymous said...

Grab content from the petition here http://chn.ge/QgYd2X