Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Make It Count...twice!

April is now upon us and that means it the month of the race! April 28th I will be running the streets of Washington, DC, for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am starting to get excited about race day and proving my body once again that it can do what I want it to.

The fundraising deadline for this event is also nearing. My commitment is $3400 and we are nearly there! As of writing this post, there is only $737.53 more to go. We can do this! I am putting a call out for your help in bringing in those last dollars of life-saving funds:

April 9th is my Cancerversary. It was 10 years ago this day that I heard those terrible words for the first time, "you have cancer." Those words bring your world to a screeching halt, at least for a few days while you get your bearings. In honor of my Cancerversary and 10 years of Surviving, I am asking you to give just $10 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you can't swing $10, then even $2 can make a difference (remember The Penny?). And if you feel compelled to give more than $10, I will not complain!

And to make your donation count double, my father-in-law will match every dollar up to $500 starting April 1st! So just think, you give $10 and it turns into $20. You give $5, it turns into $10. You give $100, it turns into $200. Almost like magic. Life saving magic!

Please donate today on my fundraising page: click here.
Make it count double!

1 comment:

pratima patil said...

Its a very good post. The information provided by you is
really very good and helpful for me. Keep sharing good information..
cancer treatment